- Access to finance
- Business strategy
Mastercard’s Start Path is an award-winning program that enables later-stage tech startups to scale through a powerful global network, innovative technology and deep expertise to help them grow their businesses and scale sustainably.
Since 2014, Mastercard has invited more than 230 later-stage startups worldwide to participate in its six-month virtual program, providing technical guidance, operational support and commercial engagements within the Mastercard ecosystem. Startups in this growing network have gone on to raise $2.7 billion in post-program capital and collaborate with Mastercard, major banks, merchants and other high-profile organizations.
Through a six-month virtual program, participants get:
• Rapid path to scale – access new markets, drive strategic initiatives, grow awareness of your brand
• Tailored for you – create a strategic 6 month plan with Mastercard, work with a dedicated sponsor, meet industry experts
• Open doors – get facilitated introductions, propel your product to market, build your business ecosystem
The Start Path program looks for companies that have:
- Unique & proven solution with clear market differentiation and reference customers
- Diverse founders with relevant backgrounds and teams that are passionate and ready to scale
- Investment raised (typically seed, Series A or Series B) and 6-12 months runway
- Startups that align with Mastercard’s business so focused on areas including fintech, inclusion, and commerce