What, why, and how to become resilient.
Have trouble getting by when the going gets tough? Everyone wants to perform well when the pressure's on, but a lot of us withdraw in times of stress or adversity. If you can build your resilience, you'll have an easier time facing new challenges and earn a valuable skill to offer employers. In this course, Kelley School of Business professor and professional communications coach Tatiana Kolovou explains how to bounce back from difficult situations, by building your "resiliency threshold." She outlines five training techniques to prepare for difficult situations, and five strategies for reflecting on them afterward. Find out where you are on the resilience scale, identify where you want to be, and learn strategies to close the gap.
- Define the term resilience.
- Identify strategies for facing rejection in your day to day life.
- Recognize the skills you can practice to increase your resilience.
- Explore reflection strategies you can use during a situation in order to build resilience.
- Examine five post-event resilience building strategies using real-world examples.