You have 39 days to share ideas.
From 27 June 2019 to 31 December 2019.
In this ongoing Open Challenge, we are looking for inspiring solutions that fit within any one of TRANSFORM’s five thematic pillars. Do you have an idea that solves a challenge in one of these areas?
- Sanitation & Hygiene - sustainable sanitation solutions for the poor by improving marketing and demand creation.
- Water - solutions that improve access to, and consumption of, safe water through brand reach, behaviour change and technology.
- Health & Wellbeing - digitally-enabled businesses that address multiple health and wellbeing needs by promoting supply and demand, with a focus on women and youth.
- Rural Livelihoods - working across rural value chains to test new business models and generate insights to improve rural lives and livelihoods through entrepreneurship.
- Energy & Environment - businesses that improve the environment, health and livelihoods of low-income communities.
The solutions should tackle a challenge in a genuinely innovative way. They should involve delivering products or services that target low-income communities in one of TRANSFORM’s priority countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, and be ready to be tested for scaling up.
There should also be clear plans in place for future financial sustainability of the project, with the potential to reach scale by 2025. The social enterprises we support must test something specific that is relevant to one of TRANSFORM’s partners, and have inspiring leadership and appropriate in-country resources. Successful applicants will also happily share their learnings for the public good.