After the success of our Open Call, which saw some inspirational projects come through to receive funding and support from TRANSFORM, we have now launched our Open Challenge.
Focused on TRANSFORM’s five thematic pillars, the ongoing Open Challenge hopes to find solutions that are inspiring, impactful and sustainable. Until the 31st December, 2019, applications are open for projects that meet the needs of low-income communities in one of these areas:
- Sanitation & Hygiene- sustainable sanitation solutions for the poor by improving marketing and demand creation.
- Water- solutions that improve access to, and consumption of, safe water through brand reach, behaviour change and technology.
- Health & Wellbeing– digitally enabled businesses that address multiple health and wellbeing needs by promoting supply and demand, with a focus on women and youth.
- Rural Livelihoods- working across rural value chains to test new business models and generate insights to improve rural lives and livelihoods through entrepreneurship.
- Energy & Environment- businesses that improve the environment, health and livelihoods of low-income communities.
In an onoing call to social enterprises, TRANSFORM is looking for solutions that tackle global challenges in innovative ways and which fit within these pillars, aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These inspiring projects should also:
Involve delivering products or services that target low-income communities in one of TRANSFORM’s priority countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- Be ready to be tested for scaling up, with the potential to reach scale by 2025.
- Include clear plans for future financial sustainability.
- Test something specific that is relevant to one of TRANSFORM’s partners.
- Have inspiring leadership.
- Have appropriate in-country resources.
As part of its philosophy of championing collaboration and partnership to help drive progress, TRANSFORM is looking for social enterprises that will happily share their learnings for the public good.
Applications are now open. If your project meets the needs of underserved markets and fulfils the above criteria, TRANSFORM wants to hear from you. To apply, please visit our Open Challenge here.